Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Leftovers Grilled Cheese

Sometime in January, I had a craving for a tasty grilled cheese. But I wanted something different. no ordinary sandwiches for me! Thankfully, I had some dill havarti left over from a dinner party a few nights previous to the grilled cheese hankerin', so I got to cooking!

Sliced tomato and the cheese, which was from Trader Joe's.

I obviously had to use the entire rest of the block of cheese. None of this "save some for later" nonsense...

I put some Morningstar Farms veggie bacon in there too.

Okay, maybe it was a bit too much cheese...

Overall a great combination! I almost didn't need the bacon because the flavor of the dill havarti was so strong. But it added a nice crunch and "smoky flavor," which is what I believe they're going for with the Fake-Con. Fake bacon, get it?

1 comment: